On the dedicated Pay Attention website (click here to view) all insights from their own and third party research can be consulted and downloaded: “Why magazines? Discover why attention matters and the role magazines play in the modern marketing mix.” Everything is ready to use and easy to download for agencies, sales houses and advertisers.
Why are magazines relevant for advertisers?
The first report that resulted from the Pay Attention project, published early 2019, lists the insights from recent research:
- Magazine readers are more likely to give their full attention when reading magazines than when engaging with other media
- 82% of readers welcome magazine advertising
- 58% of readers said they don’t do anything else whilst reading a magazine (third behind cinema and newspapers)
- 43% agreed that magazine advertising is relevant; more than any other channel
- 57% agreed that magazine advertising is part of the experience; more than for any other channel
- Magazines offer high quality attention at a lower cost than other media
- Magazines provide an environment where advertising is welcomed as part of the experience and where consumers exercise prolonged engagement with the material. In a world where there are increasing demands on our attention, magazines offer a very valuable opportunity to reach engaged audiences in a meaningful way. When CPT data is considered, the value of magazines really shows.
Optimising for profit
The second report in 2019, called ‘Optimising for profit’, focuses on ROI effects of magazine advertising. We already discussed the findings in this article: Media mix uit balans: adverteerders accepteren sub-optimale ROI.
Maybe the biggest achievement of Magnetic Media was to convince a selection of media experts and industry leaders to testify in the Pay Attention campaign.
In the video below a selection of industry leaders share their thoughts on why attention matters in today’s media and communication landscape.
- FIPP Award Winner: The power of magazine brands is stronger than ever
- FIPP Insight Awards: Defiant, are 50+ women invisible?
- FIPP Insight Awards 2019: these are the winners!