The Insight Forum, the ninth event in the series (formerly known as the Research Forum), is a two-day event for publishers, researchers and marketing executives in the global magazine business. It has previously attracted some of the world’s leading magazine research professionals, who meet to discuss the latest issues and developments in the industry worldwide, primarily concerning audience measurement and advertising effectiveness in consumer magazine media.
The key objectives of the Forum are to discuss a number of topics identified by FIPP’s Insight Committee as the most pressing current magazine media research issues; to enable participants to debate, compare notes and learn from each other’s recent experience, to the benefit of everyone’s work; and for FIPP to circulate the key points, to help improve magazine research around the world.
The programme content will embrace many aspects of audience research for magazine brands. Particular emphasis will be placed on measurement across platforms, consumers’ usage of publishers’ digital products as well as printed magazines, and the effectiveness of advertising in magazine media. The topic areas on which papers are sought include (but are not confined to) the following:
- Proof of advertising effectiveness, for magazine media on their own.
- Proof of advertising effectiveness, for magazine media in combination with other media, particularly television and digital.
- Mixed-media modelling: the inputs, and the results.Developing databases for cross-media planning and evaluation (for example, fusion, hub-based, or single-source approaches).
- Creating week by week print campaign readership estimates, spread realistically through time.
- Consumers’ use of mobiles, tablets, websites, in-app advertising, action codes/tags.
- Social media – what is research telling us about its value for magazine publishers?
- Native advertising.
- What is the level of engagement with digital media? How can it be quantified?
- How does it compare with engagement with printed magazines (for whom engagement is still an uncontested strength)?
- New measurement techniques, for print readership research and/or digital media.
- How consumers use printed magazines.
Synopses by 16 February 2015
Please submit synopses, or address queries, to FIPP’s Insight Consultant, Guy Consterdine at email@example.com. The deadline for synopses is 16 February 2015.
Further details about the FIPP Insight Forum can be found at http://www.fipp.com/events/fipp-insight-forum