- At least 419 million people (22% of the world’s 1.9bn smartphone users) are blocking ads on the mobile web. Both mobile web and in-app ads can now be blocked.
- As of March 2016 an estimated 408 million people are actively using mobile adblocking browsers (i.e., a mobile browser that blocks ads by default).
- As of March 2016 there are 159 million users of mobile adblocking browsers in China, 122 million in India, and 38 million in Indonesia.
- As of March 2016 in Europe and North America there were 14 million monthly active users of mobile adblocking browsers.
- A further 4.9 million content blocking and in-app adblocking apps were downloaded from the app stores in Europe and North America since September 2014.
On 23 June at 2 pm (UK time), Dr. Johnny Ryan of PageFair will share in-depth adblocking insights from PageFair’s latest adblocking report in a special FIPP webinar.
Register here to join the webinar. Simply follow the online steps to complete your registration. It’s free.
Earlier this month PageFair released a major new report on adblocking use. Its findings made headlines around the globe, and show that not only is mobile adblocking significant in certain areas, but that in-app blocking is also now a challenge.
This webinar is a unique opportunity to gain an overview that delves beyond the headlines.